HPC job failure email notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks,

I was working on sending an email notification when a job fails in HPC scheduler. 

I came across the attributes -NotifyOnCompletion $true -EmailAddress <emailid> and it worked when the hpc jobs completes, be it failed or cancelled or success.

I need to send email notification only if the hpc job fails. We are running more than 1000's of jobs every day in HPC and want to see only notification from a failed job.

Please let me know if there is a possible way to do this. Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin

Monday, April 23, 2018 4:54 PM

All replies

• You could use the email subject filter or email body filter. Create one or two of them, check the $JobState in it and customize the output. Refer to below doc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create EmailBodyFilter.ps1/EmailSubjectFilter.ps1 in %CCP_HOME%Bin

-      EmailSubjectFilter.ps1 has 2 parameters $JobId and $JobState. The output of the script will be the subject of the email. If the output is empty, the email will not be sent.

-          param(

-              [string] $JobId,

-              [string] $JobState

-          )

-         

-          if($JobId -eq 85)

-          {

-              "Job $JobId is in $JobState state"

-          }

-           EmailBodyFilter.ps1 has 4 parameters $Cluster, $JobId, $JobName and $JobState. The output of the script will be the content of the email. If the output is empty, the email will not be sent.

-          param(

-              [string] $Cluster,

-              [string] $JobId,

-              [string] $JobName,

-              [string] $JobState

-          )

-         

-          if($JobState -eq "Running")

-          {

-              "This is a notification email from $Cluster.

-              Job $JobName($JobId) is in running state."

-          }

-          Parameter $Cluster is the name of the cluster.

-          Parameter $JobState could be one of “Running”, “Finished”, “Failed” or “Canceled”.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 3:06 AM