Office 2007 Enterprise validation - the solution RRS feed

• Question

•  AttilioZ wrote:

I have a MAPS since 2006, in those days I changed my portable PC and try to install OE2007 (3, max 4 installation before) from the pakage.

All right for registration but, verifying the validation, in order to download the PDF generator, I obtain the

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007: Validation Cannot be Completed[0x80180112]

or, from the Italian site:

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007: Impossibile completare la convalida[0x80180112]

looking the following step I wasn,t able to find the data.dat file as in:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/FailureReport.aspx?displaylang=it&sGuid=833509b9-96d5-4a7a-8c91-c56682b63095

then, looking other answers in the forum I tried to use the diagnostic report obtaining (paste)

... <cut>

I was very pleased finding the section:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

what can I do now?

Perhaps I made a mistake trying to validate the software before registering it, is it possible?

Thanks and please excuse for my English - Attilio

I find the solution (but I wasn't able to reply at my post) and cut&paste here:

After a quick googling, however, Stephen Holm reply to another user in a Microsoft WGA forum thread suggests that it could be due to IE7 Protected Mode while running in Windows Vista!

I tried to turn off IE7 Protected Mode and we finally able to download the Office 2007 add-in, without the embarrassing WGA validation failure!

Hopefully, Stephen and his team will fix this bug sooner, and you may ignore this post later.

How to turn off IE7 Protected Mode In Windows Vista?

Running IE7 as an administrator process (i.e. using the real Vista Administrator login account) will automatically turn off IE7 Protected Mode.

Also, if you’ve turned off Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC), IE7 will also turn off Protected Mode automatically.

1) Right-click IE7 shortcut icon in the Quick Launch toolbar and select Run as Administrator, or

2) Click the Vista Start button, type Internet in the Start Search Vista-Search box, right-click Internet Explorer in Program listing and click the Run as Administrator option, or

3) Locate “Internet Mode: On” in the IE7 status bar (bottom-right of IE7 window) and double-click on it. Unchecked the check-box for “Enable Protected Mode (Requires restarting Internet Explorer)”

I simply use the solution given in point 1

I hope the message will be usefull for somebody else

bye - Attilio

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:15 AM

Answers

• Thanks AtilloZ; I have had problems getting my MAPS Office to pass the Genuine Advantage test, tried all sorts of suggestions to do with renaming files and trying again, logging in as local administrator etc, and I was getting a bit frustrated with it, but I saw your post today and thought it was worth a try.

After running IE7 as Administrator and retrying the validation, it worked straight away  Now I can finally download the PDF add in.

Thanks again,

John

Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:37 AM
  • Yeah, thanks much for posting this. I, too, run the Action Pack and have been unable to pass the Office Genuine Advantage Validation, even though the WGA Diagnostics utility proclaims "100 Genuine" for both Office and Windows Vista.

After opening up IE 7.0 in "Run as Administrator", I saw that "Protected Mode" was OFF and I was able to pass the Validation and perform the download (the Office PDF add-in, in this case).

Thanks!

Friday, June 13, 2008 9:32 PM
  • Attilio,

Thank you for using/visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage forum.

Lori MS

Friday, June 20, 2008 11:21 PM

All replies

• Thanks AtilloZ; I have had problems getting my MAPS Office to pass the Genuine Advantage test, tried all sorts of suggestions to do with renaming files and trying again, logging in as local administrator etc, and I was getting a bit frustrated with it, but I saw your post today and thought it was worth a try.

After running IE7 as Administrator and retrying the validation, it worked straight away  Now I can finally download the PDF add in.

Thanks again,

John

Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:37 AM
  • Yeah, thanks much for posting this. I, too, run the Action Pack and have been unable to pass the Office Genuine Advantage Validation, even though the WGA Diagnostics utility proclaims "100 Genuine" for both Office and Windows Vista.

After opening up IE 7.0 in "Run as Administrator", I saw that "Protected Mode" was OFF and I was able to pass the Validation and perform the download (the Office PDF add-in, in this case).

Thanks!

Friday, June 13, 2008 9:32 PM
  • Attilio,

Thank you for using/visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage forum.

Lori MS

Friday, June 20, 2008 11:21 PM