Computer EXTREAMLY slow on backup RRS feed

• Question

• I dont know what the problem is, my computer is fast enough and has enough ram, but recently it has become EXTREAMLY slow, almost to the point where it is unuseable. as i am typeing this it is even stutering. I dont also have that much data on it, just a few GB.

I tried to defrag my hd and all that but still nothing. It is never doing this on any other computer but this one. I am running vista ultimate.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:27 AM

Answers

• Brianmay27 said:

I dont know what the problem is, my computer is fast enough and has enough ram, but recently it has become EXTREAMLY slow, almost to the point where it is unuseable. as i am typeing this it is even stutering. I dont also have that much data on it, just a few GB.

I tried to defrag my hd and all that but still nothing. It is never doing this on any other computer but this one. I am running vista ultimate.

Your NIC may be failing.  You may also have a failing hard drive.  Have you tried running chkdsk /r on the drive?
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:33 AM

All replies

• Brianmay27 said:

I dont know what the problem is, my computer is fast enough and has enough ram, but recently it has become EXTREAMLY slow, almost to the point where it is unuseable. as i am typeing this it is even stutering. I dont also have that much data on it, just a few GB.

Your NIC may be failing.  You may also have a failing hard drive.  Have you tried running chkdsk /r on the drive?
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:33 AM
  • Well i dont think it is the Nic, i have tried both wired and wireless. I will run the chdisk too.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:35 AM