How do i turn off the popup blocker? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how i can stop OC turning on my pop-up blocker in IE7? it is really getting on my nerves, it keeps turning it on all the time, im fed up of having to disable it constantly.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:36 PM

Answers

• Since I use the IE pop-up blocker, I didn't realize that OneCare enabled it if it was off. Is this the 2.0 beta or 1.6 of OneCare?

Assuming that it is OneCare turning it on, there are no settings in OneCare to *not* turn it on.

-steve

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:15 PM

All replies

• Since I use the IE pop-up blocker, I didn't realize that OneCare enabled it if it was off. Is this the 2.0 beta or 1.6 of OneCare?

Assuming that it is OneCare turning it on, there are no settings in OneCare to *not* turn it on.

-steve

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Is there any update to this problem? I use Windows Live Toolbar pop-up blocker and One Care turns it off all the time and turns on the native IE 7 blocker. This is quite annoying as the original poster states. I know it is One Care because you can look at a log of what it does and it brags about turning the IE blocker on. But you are correct, I cannot find a setting that stops this.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:36 AM
  • If you are using the production release, and not the beta, then I'd say this is still the way OneCare works. There is no setting for us to control.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:28 PM
  • bummer. I am not sure which one is better anyway so I guess I will leave the IE version on so I stop getting the notice every time I start IE.

Thanks

Ed

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:21 AM
  • I have the same problem, I like to use a separate ie toolbar popup blocker, but OneCare keeps on turning the native ie7 blocker back on all the time.  It also resets my privacy settings back to what it likes rather than what I set it at.  I don't mind that they include this functionality for those that don't know what they are doing, but they should really allow the rest of us to control this automatic behavior, in an "advanced settings" menu or something similar.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:34 PM