Error logging in to remote access web site RRS feed

• Question

• When I enter my user name and password on the log in page I get the following error message:

Server Error in '/Remote' Application.

The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.SystemException: The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SystemException: The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
    ]
       System.Security.Principal.Win32.LsaOpenPolicy(String systemName, PolicyRights rights) +7604304
       System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.TranslateToNTAccounts(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Boolean& someFailed) +641
       System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed) +47
       System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) +50
       System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType) +100
       System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetName() +164
       System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name() +31
       Microsoft.HomeServer.RemoteAccess.RemoteAccessUser.get_LogonName() +28
       Microsoft.HomeServer.RemoteAccess.DefaultUserVerificationPolicy.VerifyUser(RemoteAccessUser user) +68
       Microsoft.HomeServer.RemoteAccess.RemoteAccessUser.Login(String userName, String domain, String password, IUserVerificationPolicy verificationPolicy) +191
       Microsoft.HomeServer.RemoteAccess.RemoteAccessUser.Login(String userName, String password) +45
       Microsoft.HomeServer.RemoteAccess.Website.LogonPage.btnSubmit_ServerClick(Object sender, EventArgs ea) +184
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I don't get the same error when I log in from other computers over the web. I have all updates installed on the offending computer. Running XP SP3 on this machine.

Bill J
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 6:56 AM

All replies