Trouble With Installation Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My 90 day free trial ran out today (2-18-08) I clicked on subscribe and was asked for my password which I had forgotten.

I went to Live Care Help and reset my password. I then went back to the live care program on my computer and clicked on subscribe and typed in my new password. I was told that my password was incorrect.

I then went to Live Care help. I was asked for my password. I typed in my new password and it worked.

I then paid for a subscription. $49.95 for 18 months. I was then told to close the window and to open One Care and follow the installation wizard.

I opened one care from my computer and clicked on subscribe trying to get the installation wizard.

It asked for my password. I typed in the new password and was told that it was not correct.

I was able to sign in to buy a new subscription and I was able to sign in here using my new password but I am unable to sign in to get to the installation wizard.

Help, please ! I am unprotected (firewall) at this point.

Thanks,

Dennis

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:11 AM

Answers

• Howdy Stephen,

I tried clicking on Dennis several times to no avail.(OneCare Circle) no luck.

After several reboots all is well.

Quote Stephen Boots: " By the way, thanks for the screen shots. I had *no idea* that there was an 18 month special underway. Can you tell me how you received notice of this offer?"

Steve, Bill Gates and company should make you aware of these special offers. You sir ,are on the firing line, getting the the heat and overall bull *** from guys like me.

The special offer came as a "pop up" window a few days before Valentines Day. It was called a "Valentines Day Special Offer", good through the 18th of February (08)

Thanks for your response. You have a tough job trying to keep people happy.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:31 AM

All replies

• I found the solution.

I restarted my computer and clicked on One Care then subscribe. I typed in my password and it was recognized. I was able to install One Care.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for Microsoft to mention that a restart may be needed in order for your new password to be recognized by your current One Care installation.

Thanks,

Dennis

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:30 AM
  • New Glich !

I thought everything was OK but now another issue is at hand.

When I open One Care I am getting this message: "One Care protection for this PC will end in 11 days. To avoid any gaps in service subscribe now " ( New subscription was paid for today 2-18-08)

Another message appears in the bottom left of the screen that reads: Subscription status. Your subscription expires 2-17-09.

Besides the 11 day issue above, there is another glitch. I bought the 18 month special that they had offered.

" Buy a new subscription for $ 49.95 by 2-18-08 and revieve an addtional 6 months free."   So I did. Yet it shows that it expires in a year.

This is the e-mail confirmation I got.

This mail is confirmation that you successfully purchased Windows Live OneCare on Monday, February 18, 2008. Here is a description of your purchase:

You have selected a special 18 month subscription to Windows LiveTM OneCareTM at the standard annual subscription price of $49.95 (plus tax). Windows Live OneCare is the all-in-one security and performance service for your Windows® XP or Windows Vista®-based PC. At the end of this special 18 month subscription, the standard annual subscription terms and price will be automatically charged to your credit card every year on the anniversary date of your activation of the Windows Live OneCare subscription at the then current price unless you cancel your subscription or select an alternative plan. You must agree to the Microsoft Service Agreement to access the Windows Live OneCare service. A valid major credit card is required. You have 30 days after initial purchase to cancel your OneCare subscription for a full refund by contacting customer support. Prices subject to change without notice. Offer valid in the 50 U.S. states and D.C. only.

For information about your account, go to https://billing.microsoft.com, and select one of the following options:
    • To update payment information, click on the payment method's link under 'Payment type', on the next page click 'Go to payment method information', and on the next page click 'Edit payment method information'.
    • For information about canceling a service, click the service name, and then on the next page click 'Cancel my service'.
    • To view a billing statement for a payment method, click the payment method's link under 'Payment type'.
    • To review the agreement that you accepted when purchasing a service, click the service name, and then on the next page click 'Read service agreement'.
    • For help with your account, click 'Contact support'.

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

Microsoft Customer Support

Note: Please do not respond to this message.
    To receive notifications at a different e-mail address, sign in to your account at https://billing.microsoft.com, select 'Go to personal information', then click 'Edit personal information', change the 'Contact e-mail', and click 'Save'.
    For more information on online safety visit http://www.microsoft.com/phishing.

Microsoft respects your privacy, to learn more, please read our online privacy statement at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=74170

Microsoft Corporation
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052

Form: 21

Anyone have any ideas ? This is turning into a mini nightmare.

Thanks,

Dennis

Another Question. I can not figure out how to get the screen back that allows me to check for updates, run a tune up, back up files, etc;

I am stuck on this screen.

screen shot.

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Dennis

EDIT: Found the solution to the above. I had to reboot several times in order to get to the proper screen.

Dennis 

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:52 AM
  • I can answer the last question.

Click on Dennis in the upper left. You are viewing your OneCare Circle.

Alternatively, close OneCare and open it back up again.

I see that you have a new subscription date end of 8/17/09 in the lower left of your screen shot, so there's still a delay in OneCare's knowledge that you have subscribed and should not be seeing that warning.

I would suggest rebooting the PC, opening OneCare, and clicking on "check for update" to see if it resolves this.

And, if that still doesn't resolve it, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

By the way, thanks for the screen shots. I had *no idea* that there was an 18 month special underway. Can you tell me how you received notice of this offer?

-steve

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Howdy Stephen,

I tried clicking on Dennis several times to no avail.(OneCare Circle) no luck.

After several reboots all is well.

Quote Stephen Boots: " By the way, thanks for the screen shots. I had *no idea* that there was an 18 month special underway. Can you tell me how you received notice of this offer?"

Steve, Bill Gates and company should make you aware of these special offers. You sir ,are on the firing line, getting the the heat and overall bull *** from guys like me.

The special offer came as a "pop up" window a few days before Valentines Day. It was called a "Valentines Day Special Offer", good through the 18th of February (08)

Thanks for your response. You have a tough job trying to keep people happy.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:31 AM
  • You're welcome, Dennis.

As you can tell, there's lots of things Bill doesn't tell me.

-steve

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:21 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

You're welcome, Dennis.

As you can tell, there's lots of things Bill doesn't tell me.

-steve

You are a "can do" guy bud.

I consider the whole concept we are communicating in as magic ! Way beyond this old mans comprehension.Next time I see Bill Gates, I will let him know that I think you deserve a raise !

Take Care and Thanks for your Help,

Dennis

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:51 AM