Microsoft Dynamics 2011 client not syncing outlook calendar invites RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the 2011 Microsoft dynamics crm client (64 bit) for outlook 2013 (64 bit). I am able to sync emails manually but when I go to my calendar and click sync or set regarding, nothing happens.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

I have uninstalled both office and CRM client and reinstalled but nothing is solving the problem.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Brett,

Please verify your outlook filters options. From outlook 2013 click on File -> CRM -> Synchronize -> Filters -> My appointments

as shown in the screenshot. My appointments must be in Active status. if it is not, make it active by clicking on the green button.

please note that the screenshot below refers to crm 2013 with outlook 2013. It might be bit different in your case.

you can now change the filter rules to adjust what activities synchronize to your calendar.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:41 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Thanks for replying. What I am trying to do is sync indivudal meetings on my calendar in Outlook with CRM, while using the CRM client in Outlook. The above option would be great if I was wanting to sync everything on my calendar, but in this case that is not what I would like to do.

Does this makes sense? I apologize if I was unclear.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:56 PM
  • when you set regarding in your outlook, an appointment activity gets created in CRM. Can you please use advanced find and see if the activity is created?.

any further changes made in CRM will be synchronized back using the filters that Vasavi mentioned in the above post.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:09 PM
  • When I set regarding the window comes up with the option to select the account I would like to tie that activity too, but nothing actually takes place. When I open the meeting invite itself, the CRM buttons are all missing. I click "Synchronize with CRM" and the details show that nothing has changed. I also, check CRM via web client and nothing has changed either.

This whole process works for my emails, and after I have set regarding I can see where it is tracked through CRM via Outlook through the task pane at the bottom of the email. That same process is happening for appointments but the visibility and action of the appointment being tracked is not there.

Any idea what to do next?

Thanks!

Thursday, February 19, 2015 2:18 AM
  • hi Brett,

have you tried bumping the permission to System administrator?. This will exclude any permission issue.

Jithesh

Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:58 AM