none
Hp Printer Problems. RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot install my printer drivers, I am ok with that. I talked to HP no luck. I was reading posts about like giving my printer an IP or something... Can someone point me to documentation on how to do this?

thanks!
    Monday, June 16, 2008 10:49 AM

Answers

• Basically WHS isn't designed to be a solution for network printing. Even if its based on Server 2003, it isn't intended to do much more than that.

For USB printers, you are basically out-of-luck. I know HP doesn't have Server 2003 drivers for many of their consumer printers and the XP drivers will not install on their package.
    You're outta luck unless HP supports the proper drivers to connect to Server 2003. And either way, WHS team isn't responsible for this method.

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:26 PM

All replies

• What model HP printer is this? When you print out a configuration page from the menu, does it give you an IP address? How is this printer connected (parallel, serial, USB) to your WHS?

Monday, June 16, 2008 1:09 PM

• I have an HP Photosmart 2575. It's connected by USB. Is there a way to give the printer an IP and not install the drivers. Where can I find documentation for this. They should make WHS a little more friendly.

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:21 PM
  • Basically WHS isn't designed to be a solution for network printing. Even if its based on Server 2003, it isn't intended to do much more than that.

For USB printers, you are basically out-of-luck. I know HP doesn't have Server 2003 drivers for many of their consumer printers and the XP drivers will not install on their package.
    You're outta luck unless HP supports the proper drivers to connect to Server 2003. And either way, WHS team isn't responsible for this method.

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:26 PM

• Thanks so much Evaders!
    Monday, June 16, 2008 8:15 PM