Constrain users in a drop down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I am customising my sales opportunity stages and I want it to be four eyed by specific individuals whom I will name- how can I get the system to only populate these users in the drop down box for 'Oversight'....

Thanks

Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Answers

• After you add the lookup to the form - if you select it and chose "Change Properties" from the top of the page - if you scroll that window down you will have the option to choose views that are available. 

As far as manipulating an option set - this blog post gives an example of using JavaScript to work with the values.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Kolacube Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:23 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:07 PM

All replies

• Instead of using an option set it might be easier to use a lookup field to user records. You can then create a view of which users you want to appear and then set the lookup to use that view. Otherwise you could create an option set with just those users names in it or create one with all possible users and then use JavaScript to dynamically remove values. 

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Hi Jason thanks so much for your help, do you have a link to show me how to do that? I only ask because if you use normal "Field Definition" it only lets you choose an entity to populate a lookup field with, not a view.
    Also are you talking about writing a DLL. I was hoping there is a way built into Native CRM scripting? Thanks a million

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:24 PM
  • After you add the lookup to the form - if you select it and chose "Change Properties" from the top of the page - if you scroll that window down you will have the option to choose views that are available. 

As far as manipulating an option set - this blog post gives an example of using JavaScript to work with the values.

Jason Lattimer

• Marked as answer by Kolacube Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:23 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Thanks Jason yer the best!
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Hi Jason

Im really new to the CRM, I used to be a software developer a few years ago so have some sort of techy background - I really want to learn much more, starting with simple programming in CRM and building myself up, how would you suggest I go about this?

Thanks for your help

Thanks Rosie

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:31 PM