locked
resource capacity RRS feed

  • Question

  • We are using Project Server 2010 and Project Professional 2010.

    I have an issue with Resource Capacity of two resources. The capacity shown in Resource Allocation on Project Server is much lower than it should be. Apart from leave, and neither is on leave, is there anything else that reduces the resource capacity?

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:18 PM

Answers

  • Hi HFprojects,

    You should first point out on which period this is happening, helping you to track more precisely the culprit.

    Then you should have a look to the resource calendar, checking the working time. It could have been changed to the resource has not the usual capacity (8hrs/day, 5days/week).

    Then you could also check in "manage users" from the server settings the maximum capacity of the resource. It might be at less the 100%.

    Finally, in the timesheet, the resource might have enter actuals on non-working administrative lines.

    Hope this helps.


    Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:25 PM

All replies

  • HFProjects Ness --

    The Max. Units value for the resources will affect their capacity as well.  Hope this helps.


    Dale A. Howard [MVP]

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:22 PM
  • Hi HFprojects,

    You should first point out on which period this is happening, helping you to track more precisely the culprit.

    Then you should have a look to the resource calendar, checking the working time. It could have been changed to the resource has not the usual capacity (8hrs/day, 5days/week).

    Then you could also check in "manage users" from the server settings the maximum capacity of the resource. It might be at less the 100%.

    Finally, in the timesheet, the resource might have enter actuals on non-working administrative lines.

    Hope this helps.


    Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Correct that the max units value affects the capacity. I would like to see the total numbers of hours per week match that of the max units %. It currently does so for all resources except two.

    I then increased the max units % to from 30% to 100% and it increased the number of hours by the same proporation. But this was still wrong.

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:26 PM
  • Hi Guillaume

    I checked the working time and found that, for some reason, two days a week (in addition to the  weekend) were set as non-working time. I changed it to accept the default values and my problem has been solved.

    Thanks very much!!

    • Marked as answer by HFprojects Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:36 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by HFprojects Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:36 PM
  • You're more then welcome HFprojects!

    (please mark as answer my answer so the thread can be closed)


    Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:42 PM