IE 10 won't work after being downgraded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using windows 7 32 bit system, recently I'm trying to downgrade my IE 10 to IE 9 or 8.

Cause i can't find the upgrade feature in the Control Panel, I followed the instruction I found online, running the following command twice:

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-10.*.mum /c “cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart”

But after that, my  IE quick launch doesn't work, even when i go to "program files--internet explorer " and double click the icon, nothing happened.

I tried to download a new IE 10 install.exe from Microsoft support homepage, but nothing happened when i run it.

Could any buddy help me ? to repair the IE 10 or install a new one. Thanks a lot.

• Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:14 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would ask the question in the following forum which is for IE specifically.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:13 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would ask the question in the following forum which is for IE specifically.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:13 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 3:19 PM
  • Thank you.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:09 AM