Installed Windows XP onto one computer then learned that I need to reinstall XP onto another computer due to Error Code. RRS feed

• Question

• We had 2 computers that were malfunctioning. I went to the websites for both computers and talked to the agents there and performed what they asked me to do, but it didn't work. Not long after, my mother bought the Windows XP Home Edition CD. I used the CD to reinstall XP back onto 1 computer, but now I don't know if I can reinstall it to the computer. We have a Dell computer that had the Stop Code 0x00000074 and a Compaq computer that went black after Windows Logo. I used the CD on the Compaq, but still can't use the Dell computer.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hello Windfang,

Thank you for posting in our Windows Genuine Advantage "WGA" Forum today. It appears that your problem isn't related to WGA. It appears the problem you are experiencing may be related to Windows itself.  I suggest posting your question to the “Discussions in Windows XP General” or the “Discussions in Windows XP Newsgroups” here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx

Also you can contact Dell and Compaq Technical Support and request them to provide you with assistance. They provide windows Support because Windows is installed by them as the OEM. 

Thank you and hopefully this will point you in the right direction Windfang.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:28 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:28 PM