Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Problems RRS feed

• Question

•  

This is the report for the pc, I have purchased the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit  $149
    but i can not update my product key with this tool using the new product key i have purchased the report is below.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Validation Code: 1
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-KFHBY-3Y9HY-692HW
    Windows Product Key Hash: reXrya9bThR3nLOAjZPUytJhXtY=
    Windows Product ID: 55683-OEM-2213913-41219
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {750137DE-FA7F-404C-8427-74D77A24DB39}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-231-1_025D1FF3-239-2_025D1FF3-259-3
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 1
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.8.31.9
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-231-1_025D1FF3-239-2_025D1FF3-259-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{750137DE-FA7F-404C-8427-74D77A24DB39}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0006.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-692HW</PKey><PID>55683-OEM-2213913-41219</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-854245398-1770027372-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>0601   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070608000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>A8823A770184EE5A</HWID><UserLCID>0419</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0419</SystemLCID><TimeZone>??????, ?????? (????)(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.8.31.9"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 14570:ASUSTeK Computer Inc|10322:GENUINE C&C INC|4A47:Semp Toshiba Informatica Ltda|4A47:TOSHIBA CORPORATION
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Saturday, February 7, 2009 5:21 AM

Answers

• Paulyyy,

I am assuming that your current installation of XP Pro has been identified as nongenuine and you are attempting to "genuine-ize" it by using the Product Key Updater Utility, along with the Product Key that was emailed to you by Microsoft.

Please be aware that the PK Updater has to establish a connection with Microsoft servers and then validate over 6,000 OS files.  Any number of issues can hinder the utility in accomplishing this task.  If you are seeing 0x8004005 errors that means the utility is having trouble contacting the servers, which could be caused by a firewall or other protective program on your computer.  In such case, please be sure to configure your system to allow the utility to have full communication to the internet.  In other cases there may be too many corrupted or tampered files for the utility to handle.  In almost all cases the utility will display an error message or code if it cannot complete its task.

If the utility cannot update your installation of Windows, you will have to wait until the Genuine Windows XP Pro CD arrives in the mail, then you have to backup and offload your data then do a clean instalaltion of XP using the new CD and the Product Key that was emailed to you.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Paulyyy Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:58 PM
  • Hey Paulyy,

Please direct your questions about your Genuine Advantage Kit to:  http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cuphone . This link will provide you with phone numbers and operational hours.  Unfortunately we can't offer any Genuine Advantage Kit assistance in the forums because this falls outside our support scope. Thank you Paulyy for posting and letting us know about the problem you experienced. Hopefully the information we provided will allow you to get the problem resolved quickly. 

Take care and have a super weekend,

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:36 AM
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hit Start -> Run

type

oobe/msoobe /a
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 5:49 PM
  • Hello Paulyy and Motherboardlove,

First can you please share with me where you actually purchased the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit? Your MGA Diagnostic results indicated your licensing type is an OEM System Builder version of XP Pro. The WGA Kits are retail and not OEM. Also take use your favorite search engine and search on the last 15 digits of shown in the MGA Diagnostic results KFHBY-3Y9HY-692HW.  How many hits did you receive? Please let me know the details as where you actually purchased the WGA Kit.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Stephen Holm
    Monday, February 9, 2009 7:58 PM
  • Paulyyy,

I am assuming that your current installation of XP Pro has been identified as nongenuine and you are attempting to "genuine-ize" it by using the Product Key Updater Utility, along with the Product Key that was emailed to you by Microsoft.

Please be aware that the PK Updater has to establish a connection with Microsoft servers and then validate over 6,000 OS files.  Any number of issues can hinder the utility in accomplishing this task.  If you are seeing 0x8004005 errors that means the utility is having trouble contacting the servers, which could be caused by a firewall or other protective program on your computer.  In such case, please be sure to configure your system to allow the utility to have full communication to the internet.  In other cases there may be too many corrupted or tampered files for the utility to handle.  In almost all cases the utility will display an error message or code if it cannot complete its task.

If the utility cannot update your installation of Windows, you will have to wait until the Genuine Windows XP Pro CD arrives in the mail, then you have to backup and offload your data then do a clean instalaltion of XP using the new CD and the Product Key that was emailed to you.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Paulyyy Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:58 PM
  •   I Actually purchased the Kit online when it told me my windows is not genuine and have now received the cd i purchased in the kit yesterday, so now i will just do a clean install 
    thanks to all for the help you have provided
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37 AM
  • Hey Paulyy,

Please direct your questions about your Genuine Advantage Kit to:  http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cuphone . This link will provide you with phone numbers and operational hours.  Unfortunately we can't offer any Genuine Advantage Kit assistance in the forums because this falls outside our support scope. Thank you Paulyy for posting and letting us know about the problem you experienced. Hopefully the information we provided will allow you to get the problem resolved quickly. 

Take care and have a super weekend,

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:36 AM
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:36 AM