iMac can write but not see files ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Bit of a strange one. I have WHS up and running.

I have an Apple iMac running Leopard and it can see the WHS on my network and have logged in and connected to the Photos, Music and Video shares with no problems. I am in the process of copying files into these directories and this all seems to be working fine.

If I go into the WHS console and open the directories, I can see the files I have copied in are there.

However, if I then go in with the Mac filer and browse the shared directories, they all say they have zero items in them ???

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Roy.
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 5:43 PM

Answers

• I have seen various reports in the blogosphere that Leopard and Windows SMB shares have a variety of issues. I don't have a Mac so I can't speak authoritatively, but I don't think your issues are anything to do with Windows Home Server.
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:51 PM

All replies

• Silly question, are you browsing the right directories ?

First thinking about the obivous that the Finder has also movies,pictures and music.

not trying to offend, just thinking along.

B

Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:37 PM
  • I have seen various reports in the blogosphere that Leopard and Windows SMB shares have a variety of issues. I don't have a Mac so I can't speak authoritatively, but I don't think your issues are anything to do with Windows Home Server.
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:51 PM
  • Looks like there's a problem with Leopard file sharing and so I'm off to the Apple forums.

Thanks,
    Roy.
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:41 PM