cgi script RRS feed

• Question

• i just had a quick question. 
    im editing the windows home server remote page to my liking.

i know enough to edit templates,to move stuff around/be dangerous and create some basic stuff but i was wandering if WHS is able to support CGI scripts by using the form action="mycgi.pl"

There are 10 differents kinds of people in the world those who understand binary those who dont
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Friday, February 13, 2009 4:16 PM WHS development question (Moved from Windows Home Server Software to Windows Home Server Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Friday, February 13, 2009 7:04 AM

Answers

• Yes, at least in theory. I haven't tried to modify the WHS Remote Access web site in the way you're discussing, however.

See e.g. this article on Technet. Remember that what you want to do is unsupported, and there is a (significant, IMO) risk that you will break your Remote Access web site in a way that you will not easily be able to fix, i.e. there is a chance that a server reinstallation is in your immediate future.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by David 10100111 Friday, February 13, 2009 8:32 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:15 PM

All replies

• Yes, at least in theory. I haven't tried to modify the WHS Remote Access web site in the way you're discussing, however.

See e.g. this article on Technet. Remember that what you want to do is unsupported, and there is a (significant, IMO) risk that you will break your Remote Access web site in a way that you will not easily be able to fix, i.e. there is a chance that a server reinstallation is in your immediate future.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by David 10100111 Friday, February 13, 2009 8:32 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:15 PM
  • yes i have taken that into consideration that it is unsupported that why i have taken the liberty to back up the remote access website folder
    There are 10 differents kinds of people in the world those who understand binary those who dont
    Friday, February 13, 2009 5:58 PM