installing Windows Live One Care RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Windows Live One care on a new computer. However, when I load the disk I get a message that reads; Usupported opperating system error: 0003-80004005. I ahve windows vista home premium 64-bit . What am I dooing wrong?
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:43 PM

Answers

• HI!

Try installing the free trial online.  Go to onecare.live.com, click on free trial, then install the free trial verison of Winodws Live One Care first.  If you were able to install the free trial, that is the time that you can associate it with your subscription. 
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:07 PM

All replies

• HI!

Try installing the free trial online.  Go to onecare.live.com, click on free trial, then install the free trial verison of Winodws Live One Care first.  If you were able to install the free trial, that is the time that you can associate it with your subscription. 
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:07 PM
  • The disc you are using has an old version of the installer on it, which doesn't support Vista 64 bit. byabasgirl29 is correct. Install the trial from http://onecare.live.com and then activate it with your LiveID for your subscription by clicking the subscribe link in OneCare.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:22 PM