crm 2011 associate view using javascript RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all , I have two seperate entities both link to Account, So customEntityA relationship with Account and customEntityB relationship with Account .

I need to display a associate view / I frame in customEntityA - customEntityB records associate with same account 

but there is no link between A and B

I would like to get experts idea on this please

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:41 AM

All replies

• hi can you explain this line 

I need to display a associate view / I frame in customEntityA - customEntityB records associate with same account 

do u want to display customEntityA and customEntityB records related to account in Account's iframe ?

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:59 AM
  • no sorry if it's not clear,

in customEntityA - I need to display records in customEntityB which linked same account.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:21 PM
  • hi,

Click on customEntityA , and it will display list of records.

and you can see the views also.

click on Create Personal View.

first Look For customEntityA , now in the dropdown, you can see the Related section, from there you can select the Entity's related to customEntityA (so select Account). 

then again you wil get one drop down, there in the Related section, you will get the records related to Account.  so here you can select customEntityB. and in the next dropdown you can select the customEntityB fields.

Now, look at the 2nd image attached. my entity is only related to account. but account is related to contact. so, i have got an option to select Contact also, since contact is related to account.

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:45 PM
  • hm this is not quiet right I think, how do you insert this view as associated view on Form , so when you open an one record in customerentityA  you can see the records for same customer ?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:36 PM
  • ok,

sorry,couldn't understand your question properly. i thought you wanted to entityB records on home page grid.

and you can only display Related records in subgrid. It will not allow you to display nor related records.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:58 AM