Remote Access Help Needed... RRS feed

• Question

• Ok I've set up my WHS and I have set up my drives, 3 seperate drvies for 3 seperate file types. One of those is my music files. I am military and when deployed i would like to access my music through the remote access but when i tested it, the remote access page does not show the drive i have shared.

Is there a way to put my drive as accessible on the remote access page?
    What would some other options be?

Thank you in advance - (V)orrbid
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:48 PM

Answers

• Morrbid said:

Ok I've set up my WHS and I have set up my drives, 3 seperate drvies for 3 seperate file types. One of those is my music files. I am military and when deployed i would like to access my music through the remote access but when i tested it, the remote access page does not show the drive i have shared.

You cannot control the drives like that.  You must turn all control of the drives over to the server.  You need to copy the data from those drives to the server shares.  Then you will be able to access the data through the Remote Access web page.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 4:45 AM

All replies

•  
    In your folder, right-click, select properties, put the folder property selection for sharing!
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:02 PM
  • It's not a folder. it's on a Hard Drive.

Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:08 PM
  • Morrbid said:

Ok I've set up my WHS and I have set up my drives, 3 seperate drvies for 3 seperate file types. One of those is my music files. I am military and when deployed i would like to access my music through the remote access but when i tested it, the remote access page does not show the drive i have shared.

You cannot control the drives like that.  You must turn all control of the drives over to the server.  You need to copy the data from those drives to the server shares.  Then you will be able to access the data through the Remote Access web page.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 4:45 AM