Renewing a subscription RRS feed

• Question

• When my live one care subscription expires can I just go out & buy another one? Is there a new version or do I just need to buy the windows live one care again?  I don't want to renew online. Also do I have to uninstall the one that expired?
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, you can purchase a retail copy of One Care to renew your subscription. It is not necessary to uninstall your currnet copy of One Care. See this post on how to renew a One Care subscription - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/d05b54d0-3ba0-4636-9330-3b809f70d126
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:23 PM
  • I was wanting to know the same thing. Why would you pay $49.95 to renew online, when you can just buy a new one at Wal-mart for $26.67. I was needing to renew, so I checked the price.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:34 PM
  • I was wanting to know the same thing. Why would you pay $49.95 to renew online, when you can just buy a new one at Wal-mart for $26.67. I was needing to renew, so I checked the price.

You've always been able to renew with a retail key following the instructions at the link Jim provided. I agree that it is a much more sensible alternative, since OneCare is often discounted by retailers.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:12 PM