Remove limitation on the number of sweep tasks per job RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using HPC 2012.
    I created a job with a couple hundred parametric sweep tasks. Unfortunately it seems to hit a limitation on my HPC installation. I get the following error when I submit :

"Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Properties.SchedulerException: Too many parametric sweep tasks in the job. A job can contain at most 100 parametric sweep tasks."

I cannot split my job in several smaller jobs each with less than 100 parametric sweeps, since the tasks I am trying to run have dependencies between them.
    Is there a configuration option to remove this limitation ?

Thanks

Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:15 PM

Answers

• hi,

This limitation has been removed in latest HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update + QFE (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54772) . If possible, you shall upgrade your cluster.

As a workaround, you can split your big job to small jobs, and you can set dependencies between jobs. 

Qiufang Shi

• Marked as answer by cguevaramari Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:26 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 5:25 AM

All replies

• hi,

This limitation has been removed in latest HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update + QFE (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54772) . If possible, you shall upgrade your cluster.

As a workaround, you can split your big job to small jobs, and you can set dependencies between jobs. 

Qiufang Shi

• Marked as answer by cguevaramari Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:26 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 5:25 AM
  • Thanks, I can upgrade my cluster to the new HPC version.
    Do I need to also change my client version library : Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.dll (my client is written in C#), or the patches are backward compatible ?
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:26 AM
  • You'd better to upgrade your client if possible. but usually patches are backward compat

Qiufang Shi

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:04 AM