none
Unable to run the BOT on emulator when hosted on local IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am facing an issue where hosted the BOT on local IIS with HTTP bindings.

It has code to use MS cognitive services (text analysis). It works fine when published on azure and accessed through channel.

But when hosted to IIS and dubugging/running on emulator(version- 3.3.31 -3.3.35) it is not working as expected.

While debugging i found the LOC with makin rest call to services is throwing error as below-

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xxx.xx.xxx:443"

i tried with creating a console application and verify whether code have any issue but - in console application i can get the response from the service as expected.

i also tried with increasing the errorhandling time out duration to 5 mins in web config but no success.

I also tried to ping the above IP address but getting timeout with no response.

Can anyone suggest me to over come this issue.

Friday, November 10, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi dhheeraj,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your question is more related to IIS, I will move it to IIS forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions. 

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 2:44 AM