Hardware Failures then Too many activations RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have windows 7 for this computer I just built.  I bought it through my school and it is a full version x64.  The computer had a malfunctioning video card which was looping the intro screen after updating to sp1.  I tried a few things (reinstalling the o.s. each time in order to see if it worked) and then after thinking I did everything, I went back home to las vegas (building the computer for my motherinlaw in san diego) and re-built a new hard drive and mailed it to her.  Same issue happened.  I am visiting again (after about 6 weeks) and after more work on the computer, found out the video card (xfx geforce 9400 gs) was the cause of the problems.  Now the computer runs fine but the windows is saying that i have exceeding the maximum allowed activations.  How can I get this fixed without spending another $150?  Thanks, Brian Nagle
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:28 AM

Answers

• Click Start and type "slui.exe 4" to force telephone activation.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:26 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:38 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• You'll need to Activate using the telephone.  Select the option to wait for a live product activation representative and request assistance.
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:29 PM
  • It doesn't give me the option though.  It says 'go online to resolve the problem' and takes me to an ordering page for a new key.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:01 PM
  • Click Start and type "slui.exe 4" to force telephone activation.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:26 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:38 PM
    Answerer
  • "Cbarnhorst" wrote in message news:bd4a9b22-0497-48e3-9f08-01fcc6f050b6...
    Click Start and type "slui.exe 4" to force telephone activation.

You will probably have to request the operator to escalate your problem to remove the block -
    telephone activation
    Click on the Start button
    in the Search box, type
    SLUI 4
    and hit the Enter key
    follow the instructions - but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:53 AM