none
error Winsock Control in Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• error Visual Studio 2012 gust when i use Winsock Control

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

the copy detail is :

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
      Message=An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
      Source=WindowsApplication4
      StackTrace:
           at WindowsApplication4.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
           at WindowsApplication4.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()
           at WindowsApplication4.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in c:\users\sader\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\WindowsApplication4\WindowsApplication4\My Project\Application.Designer.vb:line 35
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
           at WindowsApplication4.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
           at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
           Message=Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
           Source=System.Windows.Forms
           ErrorCode=-2147221164
           StackTrace:
                at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
                at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
                at WindowsApplication4.Form1.InitializeComponent() in c:\users\sader\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\WindowsApplication4\WindowsApplication4\Form1.Designer.vb:line 79
                at WindowsApplication4.Form1..ctor()
           InnerException: 

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:19 AM not Visual Studio database project issue
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that your issue is out of support range of this forum which mainly discusses Visual Studio database project issue.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Also I have consulted development expert, as he suggested, you can try to use Socket class rather than the activeX control.

Anyway, I move it to the moderator forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:18 AM
  • Might ask them over here.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:46 AM