XP Antivirus 2008 RRS feed

• Question

•  

hope someone can help. have tried numerous idea's posted here, but no luck. i also ran Norton, no luck. tried shecut's idea, but at the point where it it is supposed 2 ask if i would like 2 see hidden file's, there is no option.

this problem is on my neighbors pc, he asked 4 help. we cannot access the internet either, so downloading a spybot program is out, or running microsoft scan is not an option.

any & all help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:38 PM

Answers

• Based on a very long previous thread I think all you are going to get a moderator saying this is "off topic" or not allowed. Really helpful given that MS create most of the security holes in todays infrastructure.

I too have spent the last 2 hours trying to rid my sons laptop of this. Norton, his anti virus, anti-spyware, anti-helpful was useless. Money well spent given this is clearly a well know issue. In fact I searched the Symantic website and it didn't even register.

Frustrated, and good luck.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:23 PM

All replies

• Based on a very long previous thread I think all you are going to get a moderator saying this is "off topic" or not allowed. Really helpful given that MS create most of the security holes in todays infrastructure.

I too have spent the last 2 hours trying to rid my sons laptop of this. Norton, his anti virus, anti-spyware, anti-helpful was useless. Money well spent given this is clearly a well know issue. In fact I searched the Symantic website and it didn't even register.

Frustrated, and good luck.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:23 PM
  • You saved me the trouble, Stubby.

Sorry for all of you who have a PC infected with this crapware program, but the best I can offer is:

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

If you are using a different antivirus product, contact that vendor for support.

-steve

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:28 PM