none
Microsoft 'Official' Response RRS feed

• Question

• In somewhat of a spirit of mischief I accessed a MS tech assistant online to try to address the Windows 10/MSMoney problem. After many minutes of pointless footling about as she wanted to access my machine, sign a disclaimer etc I had to leave. As I did so she said she had found something and would e-mail me.

She duly did so, revealing that the official MS advice is to - um - make the changes to the registry listed in many places here.

I suppose we should be encouraged that MS know about the problem and may even fix it sometime.

Dr AS

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:12 AM

All replies

• Thank you.  That is very interesting.  I guess this means that as far as MS knows, there are no other programs out there that use that key and require the exact IE version number.  So that the change won't cause damage elsewhere.   Since they probably wont patch MS Money, they might fix the problem by giving a future version of IE 11 a version number that is one digit shorter.  Or maybe they will not update IE 11 very often (or at all) in the future and the current registry change will last for a long time. 
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:17 PM