none
new feature request: make values in My Profile clickable to display details RRS feed

• General discussion

• could we have the values in "my profile" clickable so that we can easily drill-down to related posts / blogs, etc?

currently its very difficult to locate for e.g. all helpful posts that i previously posted, similar scenarios apply for all other stats as well.

hoping to see these features soon!

PS: also, can we (the community) contribute on this as well? would be really happy to get some code checkedin in MSDN :)

Friday, April 11, 2014 9:48 AM

All replies

• could we have the values in "my profile" clickable so that we can easily drill-down to related posts / blogs, etc?

currently its very difficult to locate for e.g. all helpful posts that i previously posted, similar scenarios apply for all other stats as well.

hoping to see these features soon!

PS: also, can we (the community) contribute on this as well? would be really happy to get some code checkedin in MSDN :)

If you have many (say) helpful posts I am not sure this feature would be so useful. You can already see recent helpful posts (and other recent stats) on the Activity tab of the profile.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:27 AM
  • the problem with activity tab is it shows everything. would like to see 4+ rated / helpful / answers / etc - basically the ability to filter out & drill into details.

also, the length / capacity of the feed is limited - older posts / contributions don't show up
    Friday, April 11, 2014 11:45 AM
  • the problem with activity tab is it shows everything. would like to see 4+ rated / helpful / answers / etc - basically the ability to filter out & drill into details.

also, the length / capacity of the feed is limited - older posts / contributions don't show up

The thing is though, it would be like My Threads. There was a recent experiment to limit My Threads to 60 days so it would load faster, but so many people complained that the full listing was restored.

But for me the full listing is useless, because there is no way to use hundreds of pages of threads.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Friday, April 11, 2014 1:56 PM
  • I have been wanting a way to search only my threads. That would be a nice feature. I know that in the last 3,800 posts I have posted something along the line of "ZZZZ" but I can only find it by looking at most of the 3800 posts. This isn't good. I could narrow it down to 2000 by selecting Answered, but really I still need to search? And no don't limit my threads to any amount to make it load faster because the truth is it did not load any faster on any of the 12 machines I use.

We are the generation of needing it all at our fingertips...Don't limit anything only facilitate us getting to the specifics we need at this second. You give someone a 1 cubic foot swimming pool and tell them that's enough cause it's all the space they can take up at one time anyway...Give us an ocean so we can swim in the part that is good for us but help us get there with some flippers (filters) on our own threads. And please don't tell us to use a general search on all threads...I tried to find 1 of my threads that way and after reading though 25 or so threads proceeded to skim the headers and after 200+ I gave up trying to find my thread because you can not unless you get really lucky.

Thank you for your time!!!

Chris Ward

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:59 PM
  • And please don't tell us to use a general search on all threads...I tried to find 1 of my threads that way and after reading though 25 or so threads proceeded to skim the headers and after 200+ I gave up trying to find my thread because you can not unless you get really lucky. 
    The current search tool in the forums is completely useless unless you are searching for one single word that is only used in a very rare set of circumstances, which of course almost never is the case.  You would literally be better off manually going through all the posts one by one than trying to search for what you want.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Friday, April 11, 2014 4:32 PM
  • also, the length / capacity of the feed is limited - older posts / contributions don't show up

Are you referring to the RSS feed for your Activity?  The unsubscribed length is much more limited than the subscribed length.  Also, the feed presentation is incomplete, otherwise it can already do a lot of what you are asking.  For example, open the RSS feed for your Activity and type helpful.   ; )

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 11, 2014 4:56 PM
  • You would literally be better off manually going through all the posts one by one than trying to search for what you want.

You would be better off taking the time to download your whole target forum into the NNTP bridge and doing a Find with your Newsreader.  That would guarantee that the forum indexer would not be omitting words that you knew were there but it for some reason decided were not relevant or worth putting in the index.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 11, 2014 5:00 PM