Equivalent of TableAdpater RowUpdated event? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an equivalent to the table adapter's RowUpdated event in the Sync Services classes?  If so, what classes do I use to get to the event?

I'm wondering if I can tie into the event so that I can get the @@identity value from a newly inserted row on the server.

Regards,

James

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:52 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, November 6, 2007 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

- Yes, both the client and server providers fire SyncProgress event after applying a single row

- I don't think you could use this event though to find out the @@identity value for the row. Moreover, identity columns are not sync friendly and unless your scenrio is very simple you will find it very hard to sync identity columns. Check out this blog post for more details.

Thanks

Saturday, November 10, 2007 6:20 AM
  • Rafik,

Thank you for the answer.  I've ended up using the RowUpdated event to keep the in-memory DataSet updated with identity columns generated by SQLce (windows form desktop app).  I'm still struggling with syncing a normalized database and thought the SyncProgress event might provide a solution.  I've not had the chance to test this yet.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2361675&SiteID=1

Regards,

James

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:27 PM