Money 2007 Reports > Transactions by Category RRS feed

• Question

• Out of the clear blue recently, I am now unable to use the function TRANSACTIONS BY CATEGORY under REPORTS.  I use this function constantly, and has worked fine ever since I installed the program 2 years ago until now.  Instead I get an error message MICROSOFT MONEY HAS STOPPED WORKING, and the only option is to close the program.

I have tried the following:

1.  uninstalled 2007 and reinstalled the program.  reinstalled fine, imported data fine, everything else works fine, but still no TRANSACTIONS BY CATEGORY, with the same error message.

2.  Installed Money Sunset.  installed fine, imported data fine, but same result when I wanted TRANSACTIONS BY CATEGORY.

3.  Tried the various file fixes within both programs.  Ditto.

RAM and hard drive space are not an issue.  I have plenty of both.  I really don't need this at tax time!

Thanks for any help.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:24 AM

All replies

•  

Did your various repairs include Standard repair Level 1? That will delete customized reports, but may solve your problem.

Less than that is to click to Customize that report, and then Reset the reoport.

Before doing repair or exiting Money again, review your backup file situation. Maybe restoring a backup from a couple weeks ago will be your fix.

Take a look at your *.mbf files for the various vintages. Avoid overwriting them by increasing the number of backups that Money keeps before doing your next exit that might overwrite your oldest backup.

Also consider the scheduled backups that you keep on the flash drive, or whereever you keep those.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:33 AM