Where to start a thread on compatibility issues with Windows Media Player 12 RRS feed

• Question

• I have programming that creates WMA files using the Windows Media Encoder SDK.  The files work great under WMP 11, but various file attributes are not appearing in WMP 12.  I started a thread on this in the Windows 7 Media forum on TechNet (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/thread/a9a266d5-d9b4-4bdc-acef-9325ec673faa/), but was told to start one here on MSDN instead.  Where should that go?

James
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:44 PM
  • Yes, MSDN forum covers most programming questions regarding Microsoft technology. However there is no forum for Windows Meida Format here. I suggest you use the old Windows Media programming newsgroup 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

My question is really about Windows Media Player 12 and WMA file attributes.  From a programming perspective, the technology involved is the Windows Media Encoder SDK, but the problem I have is with file compatibility with the new version of the player -- the album title, etc. on my WMA files are not recognized by Windows Media Player 12 (fine under version 11 and earlier).

James
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post! I would recommend that please post your question to one of the newsgroups "Discussions in microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player"

located here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&mid=0c747e46-8419-4d2a-9e6b-05233c1ba174

Have a great day!!!!!

Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by swapnilpBanned Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by jwpritchett Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:38 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:58 AM