Help Requested re. Microsoft Money 2005 (UK) version 14 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Having been a satisfied user of Microsoft Money 2005 under Windows XP for 3 years, it is now failing to load giving me an error of: 

'Money requires some components of Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added'.  

I've no idea what I have to do as I already have IE v8 installed. Do you know what this means and how to fix it? Unfortunately, I've been a bit slack so there isn't a System Restore point I can go back to.

Although I understand that Microsoft Money 2005 is no longer supported, if the above IE6 error cannot be resolved, I wanted to either find a way to access the data or obtain a fresh copy of of the software to save me rekeying 3 years worth of data that's stored in the .MNY file ;-)

What options do I have for either:

a) fixing the error message above about Internet Explorer 6 components?

or

b) obtaining another copy of Microsoft Money 2005 v14 (since I no longer have the original CD that I purchased)?

or

c) using some other package to load/convert the MS Money 2005 .MNY file or backup .MBF data file? 

Thanks and regards,

- Anthony.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 4:39 PM

All replies

• Regarding "a)", you could try a repair install of IE8, or even do an uninstall of IE8. I think if you uninstall IE8, XP will revert to an earlier version of IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378 may be useful to you.

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:20 PM