Hide Form Header on Click of a Navigation Link. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts i want to hide the Header Section of contact form on click of Details link under Information Area in Navigation Pane. For this i have added the Jscript under the Details tabStateChange event. But its firing on Form Load. How it will fire only on Click of the Link. Please suggest. Here is my Jscript Function.

function Hide_Header()
    {  
           document.getElementById("crmFormHeader").parentElement.style.display = "none";
    }

saroj

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:18 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you're suggesting is possible. At least not in a supported way. Even hiding that element as you have done via JavaScript may not be fully supported either.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it you're trying to achieve here? Are you doing this just to try increase the amount of space available? If so you can gain a tiny bit extra (maybe 1 row) by removing the fields in that header and putting them on a tab within the body of the form. And that tab will disappear when you click the links. Unfortunately, you're stuck with the icon and record navigation part though.

The only other option I can think of is rewriting the entire form yourself! Even the navigation links honor that header so writing a new "body" section and linking to it won't work. But that's still quite a lot of work just to get rid of a header.

Otherwise, I'm afraid it looks like you're going to have to do something unsupported to achieve this. 

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:09 PM