Loved it, now it wont work.

• Hello all!

I really did love this piece of software. It is probably amongst the better I have ever tried. Now I have got a problem tho.

First off, to be clear. I am beta-testing Windows 7, but the Beta (And perhaps the RC) of Windows Live Writer worked flawlessly on my system.

Now, however, after I was prompted to update my Windows Live Messenger through the Live Essentials-software it also updated my Windows Live Writer... Ever since that, I have not been able to use Windows Live Writer.

The only thing that happens when I click on the software is that the Error Reporting-program starts gathering info and sends it somewhere instantly.

I have tried in compatibility mode. (Both Vista and XpSP1)
    I have tried with administrative privileges (Spelling?)
    I have tried with both above.

No bananas.

Now please, I am in bad need of this program before I forget what I was gonna blog about. :)
    Friday, February 20, 2009 1:21 AM

All replies

• Do you use Wordpress as your blogging service?
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, February 20, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Oh! I should have been more precise with my thread :)

I use Windows 7
    I use Blogger.
    I have two blogs through Blogger.
    Both blogs worked in Writer before the update.
    I went through the forum and found two possible sollutions, one was deleting the keywords and the other was to change some registry-key. Tried both and neither worked.

Hope this means you got the answers you need. :)

Friday, February 20, 2009 5:51 PM
  • Thank you for the information, that answered my follow up questions. :)
    Can you follow those steps to find your WIndows Live Writer log file and email me it to me at
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, February 20, 2009 6:25 PM