How to implement Rowlevel conditional sync from client to server? where i have to place the condition..? RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Sync FrameWork V1.0.
    I am using "OfflineAppDemo-Conflicts" Sample
    I am able to sync Server DB to Client DB Conditonally (by writing where condition in Query ).

but How to do conditional sync from Client DB to Server DB
    Ex : i have to sync only records whose "order_id < 6" in "Order_Details" table.
    this is working fine from server to client.

----I had added two records with order_id=100 and 200 in client side.
     in this case i will have to sync  records from client to server with condition "order_id <=100"
    can any one help me

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:43 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Friday, September 12, 2008 10:57 AM

Answers

• Are you doing the Peer to Peer sync between two SQL Servers or doing the hub-spoke model of synching between SQL Server and SQL Compact client?

If former, cant you edit your apply queries on either side with the appropriate conditions?

And if it is the latter, are your conditions different for Server to Client sync and Client to Server sync?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Kalyana,

could you provide me with more details on your problem? I don't understand exactly what you want to do because first you say that you only want to synchronize items whose order ID < 6 and later on you change that to <= 100...

Thanks,

Christian

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Are you doing the Peer to Peer sync between two SQL Servers or doing the hub-spoke model of synching between SQL Server and SQL Compact client?

If former, cant you edit your apply queries on either side with the appropriate conditions?

And if it is the latter, are your conditions different for Server to Client sync and Client to Server sync?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:09 AM