none
Microsim PSpice 8 and Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a rather old application, MicroSim PSpice 8, which I had installed on an older windows machine that died.  My newer, refurbished machine has Windows 7 Professional installed. 

When I try to load MicroSim 8, which has an associated security HASP, onto the newer machine, I get an error message stating that the new machine with Windows 7 cannot see the HASP, and installation stops?

And, I'm not sure that this is the correct forum for such a question .  .  .

Any suggestions on how to install this electronic design program?

• Moved by Mattew Wu Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:30 AM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Answers

• Good day ?!?!?

* it could be nicer to speak to someone and not to ?!?

According to your description which is really basic and does not give us a lot to work with, and according to my guessing your application used a certificate which was installed on your preview machine. If this is the case, and if you did not backup the certificate, then the procedure of cracking a certificate can take days (sometimes months) with a very good machine and you will need a high level knowledge about security. I am guessing that buying new application will be much simpler and cheaper.

If you remember the exact procedure of the installation, then we might know better if there was use of encrypted certificate in used. Someone who familiar with that specific application might have more information. As much as I understand "MicroSim PSpice 8" is not Microsoft application, and therefore the MSDN forums are not the place to ask your question. You should use forums that fopcus on MicroSim PSpice. Please ask your question here: http://www.pspice.com/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:48 PM
  • or for issues to do with operating system I'd ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Since your question is not within the scope of this forum, I move it here so that your thread might will appear under correct category.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Good day ?!?!?

* it could be nicer to speak to someone and not to ?!?

According to your description which is really basic and does not give us a lot to work with, and according to my guessing your application used a certificate which was installed on your preview machine. If this is the case, and if you did not backup the certificate, then the procedure of cracking a certificate can take days (sometimes months) with a very good machine and you will need a high level knowledge about security. I am guessing that buying new application will be much simpler and cheaper.

If you remember the exact procedure of the installation, then we might know better if there was use of encrypted certificate in used. Someone who familiar with that specific application might have more information. As much as I understand "MicroSim PSpice 8" is not Microsoft application, and therefore the MSDN forums are not the place to ask your question. You should use forums that fopcus on MicroSim PSpice. Please ask your question here: http://www.pspice.com/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:48 PM
  • or for issues to do with operating system I'd ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:43 PM