Update message on status bar or on a new status bar for multi-documents with CEditView./CRichView RRS feed

• Question

• I create a Visual Studio (MFC) multi-documents with CEditView or CRichView.

Could you provide examples for write messages to status bar for multi-documents project?

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:19 PM

All replies

• Hi gsegria,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

For your requirement, maybe you could use string table to pass message into status bar. 

m_bar.SetPaneInfo(0, ID_STATUSBAR_0, SBPS_NORMAL, rect.Width() - 100);
    m_bar.SetPaneInfo(1, ID_STATUSBAR_1, SBPS_STRETCH, 0);

And since our forum is discussing about msbuild tool, we suggest you could move to C++ forum for better support. Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:22 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

I already create custom status bar.

I cannot show original status bar and custom status bar at the same time.

Status bar can show only one.

Can set Status bar location on multi-documents?

Could you please provide samples code?

• Edited by gsegria Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:50 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:37 PM
  • Hi gsegria,

Sorry for delay in reply.

For more details about status bar in MFC with mutiple documents, we recommend you could redirect to C++ MSDN forum or stackoverflow with mfc tag, and then related community members will provide dedicated support for you.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:18 AM
  • Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:31 PM