none
windows vista not genunie after owning notebook for 4 years

Question

• I bought a fijitsu esprio mobile v5535 in 2008 through viking direct.  I've had the notebook since then with no problems, I haven't used for a while but my other laptops are in repair and I decided to use this weekend.  when i switched on it immediately went into safe mode to say there was a problem with windows vista 0x80072F8F.  I've typed the product key form the sticker on the back of the computer which has been there since i bought the laptop why is it suddenly no longer genuine.  i've followed several tips and called the microsoft phone activation helpline but still i'm having problems what is the cause of this and how can it be rectified.

Monday, October 31, 2011 3:35 PM

Answers

• "nad96" wrote in message news:5f1fd101-9201-4032-8d5d-d1366527ac87...

I bought a fijitsu esprio mobile v5535 in 2008 through viking direct.  I've had the notebook since then with no problems, I haven't used for a while but my other laptops are in repair and I decided to use this weekend.  when i switched on it immediately went into safe mode to say there was a problem with windows vista 0x80072F8F.  I've typed the product key form the sticker on the back of the computer which has been there since i bought the laptop why is it suddenly no longer genuine.  i've followed several tips and called the microsoft phone activation helpline but still i'm having problems what is the cause of this and how can it be rectified.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, November 4, 2011 11:35 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:16 PM

All replies

• "nad96" wrote in message news:5f1fd101-9201-4032-8d5d-d1366527ac87...

I bought a fijitsu esprio mobile v5535 in 2008 through viking direct.  I've had the notebook since then with no problems, I haven't used for a while but my other laptops are in repair and I decided to use this weekend.  when i switched on it immediately went into safe mode to say there was a problem with windows vista 0x80072F8F.  I've typed the product key form the sticker on the back of the computer which has been there since i bought the laptop why is it suddenly no longer genuine.  i've followed several tips and called the microsoft phone activation helpline but still i'm having problems what is the cause of this and how can it be rectified.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, November 4, 2011 11:35 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:16 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:34 PM