WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE CANNOT CONTINUE RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi. I am having major problems with onecare. It was working fine until about 3 days ago when  i got the mesage saying:

the windows live onecare service is not working or has been stopped. To correct your problem please restart your computer. If the problem cotinues please contact support

I restarted the computer several times then and it did not work. I used the clean up and uninstalled live care and then reinstalled the program but the same mesage still keeps appearing. I repeated this several times and i am at my wits end.

Please help me.

Friday, December 7, 2007 12:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The possible reasons for getting this issue would be because of the update for live one care

Try running few steps and check if they are going to work if not you may have to uninstall and reinstall live onecare provided you have the live id to activate.

STEP1:

Click on start and click on run and in the open box type cmd, you will get a black screen

Now type

NET START WINSS  

(:This will start the service of live one care) after doing this check the status of live one care and see if it is green or yellow.

Restart the computer and check if you are still getting the message WINDOWS LIVE ONE CARE CANNOT CONTINUE

STEP2:

Tried to reregistere dll files. To do so click on start and type the below mentioned commands one by one and press enter after each command and you should see a message stating that the file is succeeded.

regsvr32 wuapi.dll 
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll 
    regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll 
    regsvr32 wups.dll
    regsvr32 wups2.dll
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll 
    regsvr32 wuweb.dll
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll
    regsvr32 atl.dll

STEP3:

Check for Third Party Components

STEP4:

Uninstall live one care and reinstall the produc

Friday, December 7, 2007 1:51 AM
  • Please contact support if the steps offered in the other reply don't resolve your problem with OneCare.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Don't Panic!

I had the same problem, for me a simple "workaround" was to click

"Start/All Programs/Windows Live OneCare". 

Yes, starting it just like any other program.

For me, it wasn't a major problem, just a minor irritant.

Contacting support was kinda useless, it didn't have a clue.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 12:20 AM
  • Hi Ceriman, I too get this error message, but it reappears after each reboot. Will try the steps outlined in an earlier post.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:27 AM
  •  

I have tried everything and I still get Windows Live OneCare has been stopped or

can not continue. I am furious.  Support doesn't have a clue on how to help.

This is so very frustrating!!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:25 PM
  •  Jeff_Parker wrote:

Hi Ceriman, I too get this error message, but it reappears after each reboot. Will try the steps outlined in an earlier post.

See if this helps:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2523777&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:34 PM
  •  Rose M. Palinkas wrote:

I have tried everything and I still get Windows Live OneCare has been stopped or

can not continue. I am furious.  Support doesn't have a clue on how to help.

This is so very frustrating!!

Rose, your other post mentions OneCare being canceled. What exactly is the status of OneCare on your PC? Is it failing to start and giving you an error or has your subscription expired?

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:35 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:
     Jeff_Parker wrote:

Hi Ceriman, I too get this error message, but it reappears after each reboot. Will try the steps outlined in an earlier post.

See if this helps:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2523777&SiteID=2

-steve

Thanks Steve. It looks like it was Step 2 above (i.e. re-register the DLLs) that did the trick for me. Fingers crossed for the moment.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:09 PM
  • Okay, Jeff, I'll keep my fingers crossed as yours is my last post for the evening. :-)

-steve

Monday, February 18, 2008 2:56 AM