none
Sunset Future Use RRS feed

• Question

• You advised that Money users make a back up copy of the file in case there is any need for it in the future.  I would like to save a copy of Sunset file to a CD disk.   However, in reading the download instructions Microsoft indicates that the download can be downloaded as a) an ungrade to older version of Money, or b) a stand alone download.   However, it cannot be used side by side with an older version.   I have several years of Money data, and don't want to jeopardize losing the data by downloading the Sunset version in what might be considered a "side by side" configuaration.   I assume that I should first download Sunset as a Stand Alone, and then copy it to a CD.   Then I can download as an upgrade---- which uninstalls my Money 2002.   Will this avoid the side by side that Microsoft warns about?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:31 PM

All replies

• Download it ("stand alone"?) and save / protect the download. If the times comes that you want to use it in place of M02, uninstall the M02 and then execute the download you saved earlier.

Beware: you will probably not be able to directly upgrade our data file from M02 straight to M+Sunset. And, if you are ever going to go to Sunset, you should consider solving this sooner rather than later. There are numerous threads that treat this issue and the ways to solve it.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:20 AM
  • I suggest you also save the Money 2004 trial as an upgrade step to Sunset -- just in case. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:37 AM
  • I'm still using M02, but FYI, I successfully converted my file to Sunset to check it out a while back and didn't need to convert to an intermediate version.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 10:02 PM