none
Microsoft Lottery/Promo etc spam questions RRS feed

• Question

• There are a large number of questions regarding MS Lottery/Promo SPAM in the WGA forums - as a result they actually gather more of the same and all are really irrelevant to the purpose of the WGA forums.

My feeling is that it would be better to move them all into the same forum to concentrate the 'Me too' effect of search engines.

The question then arises as to where they should go 

- stay in the WGA forums, but in (say) the Genuine Benefits forums, rather than scattered? 

- somewhere else? - if so, where? (perhaps that well-known black hole 'What is the forum for?' forum?)

Thoughts and advice welcome!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:10 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• So the question is, "Where do you ask about email spam?"

Yes... I think the "Where is" forum works, because the answer is over on the Answers/Community site.

But in this case, the answer is obvious (delete the email), so a healthy alternative is to answer "delete it" and then move the thread into "Off Topic".

I vote for the second option... "Off Topic".

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:19 AM
    Owner

All replies

• So the question is, "Where do you ask about email spam?"

Yes... I think the "Where is" forum works, because the answer is over on the Answers/Community site.

But in this case, the answer is obvious (delete the email), so a healthy alternative is to answer "delete it" and then move the thread into "Off Topic".

I vote for the second option... "Off Topic".

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:19 AM
    Owner
  • That works for me!

Thanks, Ed.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:39 AM
    Answerer