Set default lookup entity to contact in the phone call quick create form RRS feed

• Question

• This question is regarding the Dynamics CRM 2013 add phone call feature in the activity tab of post/activity/note control on a custom entity.  The party lookup and type ahead values default to the account entity.   I want to change that to the contact entity.  I've read in similar questions that I'm suppsoed to add this to an onload event:

//set default

crmForm.all.customerid.defaulttype = "2";

That was an unsupported solution and I'm not able to get it to work in 2013.  I'm also not sure which form to embed that in, does the post/activity/control use the quick form for phone call?  If so I don't believe I can add javascript events to it.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Friday, December 6, 2013 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

document.getElementById("customerid").setAttribute("defaulttype", "2");

Above code can be used to set the default type in CRM 2011 & 2013.

Please mark this as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps.

Ajay Chawla

• Marked as answer by dorn146352 Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

document.getElementById("customerid").setAttribute("defaulttype", "2");

Above code can be used to set the default type in CRM 2011 & 2013.

Please mark this as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps.

Ajay Chawla

• Marked as answer by dorn146352 Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:20 PM
  • Thanks Ajay,

That worked, but I'm assuming its not supported because it uses document.getElementById? 

I later found out I didn't need to use it.  I didn't realize that although hitting enter defaults to the account entity, the field itself is a party lookup so you can still directly search for contacts......

Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:35 AM