MS CRM 2011 - How can we handle the given SLA Logic? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am following the approach which is as follows:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/richardknudson/archive/2012/04/24/user-configurable-service-level-agreements.aspx

Can any one suggest that how we can achieve the following.

Can we update the priority level of a case based on the following criteria?

ð  SLA time: 2 hours before the alert to the supervisor (which should happen when 75% of the time is elapsed) then if the case is still open then the priority level of the case should be updated to level 2

So, SLA management process would be:

1. SLA time is defined from the Subject of the case (e.g. 60 hours)
    2. 43 hours (75% of 60 hours – 2 hours = 43 hours) the system will check if the case is status is “resolved or unresolved”
      1. If yes è end of the process
      2. If not è update the priority level to Level 2 and update the position of this case in the queue.
    3. 2 hours later (75% of 60 hours) the system will check if the case is status is “resolved or unresolved”
      1. If yes è end of the process
      2. If not è Assign the case to the supervisor’s queue.

Also, what fields are missing in the approach to incorporate this.

Thanks, Rajeev

• Edited by CRM Rajeev Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:14 PM to make it more clear
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:45 PM

Answers

• Sorry, I did not see that link.

To handle your 75% logic, on the create of the case, multiply the needed time by 75%. Then the needed time is updated on the case. This helps you to use it everywhere at the rest of the procedure.

Updating the priority level could be done exactly by what Richard said. With escalation methods, when you change the queue or owner of the case you could change the priority of it also.

Before you put a wait on the workflow, you know how much time is needed for it (you have calculated it on the case!). Then put a wait condition for this period of time.

The rest of the SLA procedure is easy. Checking the status or creating queue items is somehow straight forward! Remember that if at middle of the escalations you would want to update the escalation time, you have to update it on the case.

Hope this helps you.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have implemented the SLA logic very similar to what you said for one of our complicated customers. My only and the best reference for this purpose is the Richard Knudson's suggested method. Refer to this link for more information. I hope that the mentioned link completely covers your requirement.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Hi Payman,

Thanks for your reply, I am using the same reference which I mentioned in my question.

I just wanted to know what sort of changes are needed to accomodate my logic.

Thanks,

Rajeev.

Thanks, Rajeev

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:24 AM
  • Sorry, I did not see that link.

To handle your 75% logic, on the create of the case, multiply the needed time by 75%. Then the needed time is updated on the case. This helps you to use it everywhere at the rest of the procedure.

Updating the priority level could be done exactly by what Richard said. With escalation methods, when you change the queue or owner of the case you could change the priority of it also.

Before you put a wait on the workflow, you know how much time is needed for it (you have calculated it on the case!). Then put a wait condition for this period of time.

The rest of the SLA procedure is easy. Checking the status or creating queue items is somehow straight forward! Remember that if at middle of the escalations you would want to update the escalation time, you have to update it on the case.

Hope this helps you.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:47 AM