WHS does not get online RRS feed

• Question

• I just got a new WHS lisence and installed it on my server. I have used a 74 GIG Raptor, a 1,5 TB WD, on a AMD Athlon 62 X2 Dual Core 4600+ with 3 GB Ram. I purchased the new version with PowerPack 3, but the System Properties says: Windows Home Sever Service Pack 2.
    When the setup is finished I cannot get the WHS Colsole to start. When i check my ip (ipconfig) it only states :

Windows IP configuration 

and thats it. My Connector software is also unable to find the new sevrer. What could be wrong ? The sever seems to be running without any errors but I cannot get it online

I am using A MSI KT6V-LSR motherborad. perhaps WHS does not recognice the on-board ethernet card ?
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:55 PM

Answers

• Have you installed any network drivers?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:24 PM

All replies

• Have you installed any network drivers?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:24 PM
  • Sounds like you need network drivers installed - did you check in device manager for Yellow Exclaimations marks next to hardware.  Do you have the motherboard CD-ROM - you can install the network driver from there or:
    http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=driverfile&dno=2383&i=0

Once you have the network drivers installed you can upgrade/install most of the drives from Windows Update in a lot of cases.

By the way Service Pack 2 refers to the underlying OS that WHS is built on top of,  Windows SBS 2003 - Power Pack 3 is the term used within Windows Home Server - so it's normal to see service pack 2 in System Properties and Power Pack 3 in the Windows Home Server Console.
    --
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:41 PM