none
Error code 0xC004C003 (product key is in use) during activation RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an upgrade from Windows XP Media Center Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium. After a succesfull installation, I got however a problem with activating Windows Vista. The activation is terminated with the error code 0xC004C003 (product key is in use). What can be wrong and what do I have to do to get Vista activated?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hello Hoogendoorn,

You will need to activate by using the Activate by Phone method.

Click the Start button, and type slui.exe 4 in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

NOTE: The key to this process is that you need to talk to a Live Activation Rep! When you first call, you will be interacting with an Automated Voice, either select the option to talk to a Live Rep or if there is no option, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to transfer you to a Live Rep.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Attention Forum All Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:36 PM