none
Tortoise SVN

General discussion

• I want to move some files and folder from one svn location to another, the issue i am having is files will not retain history if i am doing copy svn paste at the root folder. Is there any way to keep svn history for the inside files even if we move root folder?

my folder structure is like below,

Folder1 (root folder)

-file1.vb

-fileproj1.vbproj

-Folder2

-file2.vb

-fileproj2.vbproj

so i want to move all file along with root folder without loosing svn history of anything

any help would be appreciated ,thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:11 AM

All replies

• I suggest investigating the “Repo-browser” feature, which appears in context sub-menu of Windows Explorer for your folders. You can reorganize the folders and files keeping the history. Make a backup of repository before experimenting. After making changes, perform a "Checkout".

• Edited by Viorel_MVP Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:05 AM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:02 AM
  • Thanks for Viorel’s help.

Hi Kosh,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Could you get useful information from Viorel’s suggestion?

Actually this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

So it seems that the real issue is not the VS General issue, am I right?

If it is related to the “Tortoise SVN”, maybe you could select the support way from the Tortoise SVN site:

http://tortoisesvn.net/support.html

If I misunderstood this issue, please make free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 11:32 AM