Money 2000 No password ever used RRS feed

• Question

• I have had chats with the Microsoft answer desk who have not been able to resolve my problem. Last ref no was1378572147

I have used Money 2000 successfully for a number of years. I have never had to log in  or use a password. I have recently had to purchase a new computer with Windows 10

I have tried to recover my Money 2000 files but am asked for a password - BUT I DO NOT, NOR HAVE I  EVER HAD ONE. 

No one sems to be able to help me with this though It was suggested that If I purchase  a Plan at the cost of $149 I could receive help. 

So I cannot retreive any of my data.

Is there anyway a solution can be found? I was given two phone numbers but these were unobtainable

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:12 PM

All replies

• Does Money 2000 still work on the old computer?

What version of Money did you install onto the new computer?  If you installed Money 2000, it could be that the password error message is a bogus error that actually indicates that you had upgraded to a later version of Money. Go to the old computer, if it works, and do Help->About to find the version.

You may want to install the newest version of Money appropriate for your country. See what is currently the second post on this forum for download info. Then try to open your *.mny file. If that does not work, restore your newest or second-newest *.mbf file into Money on the new computer.

Alternatively, you could try making a repaired version of your *.mny file with  salv.exe

• Proposed as answer by Teabag 2 Sunday, April 2, 2017 6:44 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:00 PM
  • If you really installed Money 2000 on your new Windows 10 computer and checked the properties of the MSMoney.exe file it will show version 8.0.14.1015 (for the International English region) or 8.0.**.**** for any other region. Do you see that?

Teabag

Sunday, April 2, 2017 8:27 PM