Backing up my PC using One Care RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an external hard drive and want to use it to back up my PC.  I previously used my CD/DVD for this.  I have tried to change the settings to select the external hard drive but when I start my backup it pops open my CD drive and asks me to insert a disk.  How do I change my settings to back up to the external hard drive?
    Friday, January 8, 2010 4:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you previously used One Care to backup to another location you will have to reset your backup plan and perform a new full backup. See this post on how to reset a backup plan - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/5f18a60d-add4-4ff2-87cf-021db7e81917

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, January 8, 2010 4:45 PM
  • I followed the instructions the change settings.  At this point I am lost.  This is not a hub so I clicked next. I cannot find "click your PC on the left"  I cannot find where to click on turn on backup for this pc.  Can you help me with this? 
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 2:08 AM
  • Try the reset routine again but ignore the hub pc instruction and click "Change Settings" instead of "Next".

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 3:39 AM
  • I raised this issue yesterday but am unable to find the answer.  I received one reply but could not follow the instructions as they appeared different on my One Care than on the instructions. 

I need help to change my backup from a CD to External Hard Drive. 

I do not understand what "Click you PC on the Left" means.  Can you help me.  Is there anyway I can communicated with someone? 
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:55 PM
  • I don't know how to better explain the procedure so I suggest contacting support for help. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Jim
    Monday, January 11, 2010 2:46 PM