none
Add option to undo Vote as Helpful RRS feed

• General discussion

• I accidentally clicked the Vote as Helpful button on an obnoxious post. It would be nice if there was an option to undo that vote. The comments in the post were not aimed at me, but I don't want to offer encouragement to that person that constantly berates posters. That post was already marked as abusive by someone else, so hopefully it will be removed. I still think the undo feature should be added. Someone please let me know if that option already exists, and I am somehow not finding it.
    Friday, August 8, 2014 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You're right, there isn't currently a way to undo a vote. I completely agree with this idea and I'd love to see this feature added.

To clarify though - I'm talking about the ability to remove your own vote, after you've cast it. I'm not talking about adding in downvoting (that's a whole other topic that would merit it's own suggestion thread).

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Friday, August 8, 2014 3:03 PM
  • I agree that downvoting is a separate topic.
    Friday, August 8, 2014 5:09 PM
  • David,

Maybe it would be better if the text Vote "as Helpful"  was again used. It is like the Abuse button who got for the forum team a complete different meaning and was simply reused without telling that it was not anymore only for abuse (and therefore can only be used once while it can have more tasks).

What the "Vote" button is currently for is at the moment a riddle.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:11 PM
  • What the "Vote" button is currently for is at the moment a riddle.

Success
    Cor

Maybe it's the equivalent of the like button on Facebook.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:50 PM
  • Yes maybe

:-)

Success
    Cor

Friday, August 15, 2014 11:03 AM
  • Agree with the feature!
    Friday, April 1, 2016 3:02 AM