Microsoft money Password issue RRS feed

• Question

• My hard drive crashed I had to install Money on the new hard drive.  IT is aksing for a money password.  I never had one.  Any ideas?
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 10:19 PM

All replies

• If you did not do so, install Money on the new drive using the version appropriate to your country using the first posting in the forum.

If you did not have actually have password on your file, that may solve your probem with Money 2005.

If you did have a password, you will need to remember the credentials. Write down what you can remember. Write down possible variations. Think about it. Sleep on it.

Disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and log in offline with the remembered credentials Keep trying with the variagtions. Once in, remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID in Money 2006 or later, go to
    File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove
    or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

If this does not cover your situation, tell us what version of Money you were using before. Tell us the actual message that Money gives you.

Monday, March 5, 2012 4:47 AM
  • I just used my microsoft money yesterday.  I KNOW my password.  I AM typing it in correctly and yet microsoft money is telling me that my password is incorrect.   I KNOW am am typing it in correctly and it is correct.  Any thoughts?

I am using microsoft money 2004
    • Edited by hlkep Monday, March 26, 2012 3:47 PM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Did you do a reinstall since Money worked for you? Different computer?
    Monday, March 26, 2012 3:54 PM
  • The system crashed, I reloaded it but couldn't get past the password.

Now I remember it and it says "your sign in information could not be verified.  Go online and reenter your sign in verification"

Online where?

Quicken is looking better and better.....

Friday, March 30, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Is "Doc Denis" the same as "hlkep" and/or "tiggersteach"?

Are you all from UK or Australia?

Did you all reinstall either Money 2005 or what you think is Money 2004 from a disk?

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:12 PM