Live Writer and Password Protected Blog

• Is there any way to configure Live Writer so that it can access a password protected Wordpress blog?  I have an internal company blog running Wordpress on a Windows 2003 platform.  The blog needs to be restricted to a specific group within our organization.  If I disable anonymous access within the IIS configuration, Live Writer is unable to access the blog.  If I enable anonymous access, it works just fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:44 PM

All replies

• Without knowing too much about IIS, is what you're doing essentially creating a proxy like environment on the 2003 machine? One way round it could be to set up a proxy on the 2003 machine, then set the web proxy in Live Writer to use those settings. Would that be a solution?
    SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    If my post has answered your question, please mark it as an answer.
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:12 PM
  • I'm basically just disabling the "Allow Anonymous Access" setting within IIS, which forces the user to login. Since this is on our intranet, the IIS integrated auth and login work (i.e. the end-user doesn't have to re-enter and id/password whe accessing the site).  Looks like Live Writer can't handle that same "under the covers" authentication.  I can toggle that setting on/off within IIS to get Live Writer to work....but it only works when anonymous access is enabled.
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:25 PM