Downgrade back to windows XP RRS feed

• Question

•  

ok heres my question when i got my PC it had windows XP and i had 512 mb of ram but my mom wanted me to get Vista. So when she upgraded it i then only had 448 mb of ram. I was like what the heck i can barely even play my pc games or mmorpgs without horrible lag. I would just buy more RAM but it cost to much. So yeah my questions are....

1. How do i downgrade back to XP?

2. If i were to downgrade back will all my information and files still be there?

3. If i did downgrade will i have how much RAM i started with when I had XP or will it be lower then what i had with Vista?

please reply back someone!!! Big Smile

Sunday, June 8, 2008 10:50 PM

Answers

• ok thank you but do you know how much 2 gb of RAM would cost if i were to buy it from best buy or wal mart?

Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:39 PM

All replies

•  

OH YEAH! I have an emachines pc
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:14 PM
  • Unless you want to go through the time and trouble of reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows XP from scratch, I would suggest you purchase and install 2GB of RAM and Windows Vista will perform better than Windowx XP.

Visit: http://www.crucial.com/ and run the Crucial System Scanner Tool.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:31 PM
  • ok thank you but do you know how much 2 gb of RAM would cost if i were to buy it from best buy or wal mart?

Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:39 PM
  • It all depends on the type of RAM your computer was designed to use.  RAM is pretty inexpensive nowadays.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:48 PM
  •  

ok thanks
    Monday, June 9, 2008 3:05 AM